Cartoons Flashback 5 - Music!

Part 1 - Cute Creatures
Part 2 - Action Heroes
Part 3 - Robots
Part 4 - Disney Adventures

When I started this Flashback series, I never thought there will be so much work involve to come up with this post! Sometimes it just felt like a high school project - so much research needs to be done! Thank goodness for the Internet!

By the way, this flashback post is way overdue.....

Part 5 - Music!

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Alvin and the Chipmunks comprises three singing and talking chipmunks, namely Alvin, Simon and Theodore. They live with their 'father' called David, who is also their manager. Alvin is the leader of the pack, and usually dressed in red. Simon, in blue, is the intellectual, hence the stereotyped glasses. Theodore is the 'baby' of the group and he's usually in green.

I can't remember much about this cartoon, except that there's a lot of singing involved, and their pitch-high voices become synonymous with the songs. I also remember they had some sort of 'rival' group called the Chipettes comprising three female versions of the Chipmunks — Brittany, Jeanette, and Eleanor.

I guess the legacy left by Alvin and the Chipmunks was the music itself rather than the cartoons. A quick search from Wikipedia revealed they released many albums and singles, having even won the Grammy's. The most recent reminder of them was from that Akon song "Lonely".

Jem



Jem was a very popular cartoon in the eighties. It revolves the adventures of a singer named Jem and her band, The Holograms. She also has an alter-ego by the name of Jerrica Benton. Jerrica can become Jem by touching her special star-shaped earrings (the "Jemstar earrings") while saying "Showtime, Synergy". Jem changes back to Jerrica by saying "show's over, Synergy". The Hologram's main rivals are The Misfits, led by spoiled brat Pizzazz and Roxy.

I remembered this cartoon for the wrong reasons - Oto-san banned me from watching it! Jem was usually aired on Sunday mornings. However, as I need to attend Sunday School, I will pre-record it and then watch it when I come home. One day, Oto-san caught Jem and her boyfriend in a lip-locking scene, and that was the end of the story. No more Jem!!! I was the only girl in my class who did not continue watching this cartoon, all because of a kissing scene! I never knew what happened in the end, but I'm sure i have missed out on another great cartoon...

Coming soon...Part 6 - Laughter is the Best Medicine

Comments