Anticipating Alice in Wonderland

I remembered when I first watched Disney's Alice in Wonderland cartoon as a kid, I was totally sucked into the rabbit hole with Alice from the very first minute. The cartoon was very different from those other fairytales such as Cinderalla and Snow White. Mad Hatter, flamingoes and hedgehogs, Twiddle Dee and Twiddle Dum, the walrus, the Queen of Hearts. Who would imagine such ideas and fantasy?



It was much later I read the actual book by Lewis Carroll, both Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. Till this day they remain one of my favourite books though I never read his other works.

It is with this reason I look forward to Tim Burtin's intepretation of Alice in Wonderland. I'm not really a fan of Tim Burton or Johnny Depp, but could not just pass up the chance to watch this movie in 3D.

I actually came up with a few Alice in Wonderland sets in Polyvore, long before the release of this movie.

This was my first set, a bit amateurish work :D


Subsequently I became very ambitious, trying to create a set for every chapter. Obviously I didn't get past Chapter 2...



I even came up with an anime version. Some called it the 'Dark Alice'.


Recently, I turned to Polyvore again after a period of absence to release stress. I came up with three more Alice in Wonderland-themed sets. I think my new sets are no longer bound by the stereotype portrayal of Alice, but more of intepretations based on the story.



I simply love this Alice in Wonderland inspired set by Hennie Henne Baby . The skirt totally rocks!


Can't wait to watch the movie! I'm hoping to be able to get the tickets to watch the 3D version sometime next week. Yay!

Comments

Mastahh said…
Watch the movie online on : http://www.movietalkcenter.com/adventure/alice-in-wonderland/