Why Being on Leave is More Tiring than Working

Last week, I took advantage of the public holiday on Wednesday, applied two more days and viola! I had a stretch of five days off. If you think "Wow! Five days of R&R" you are wrong. I was so busy running errands and catching up on my to-dos I was actually more exhausted as compared to being in office!

Not surprisingly, I was physically and not mentally tired. Why? Because I didn't have to use my brain really hard as compared to when at work. LOL. Here's a general list of what I did over the long break :
  • Went for facial
  • Paid utility and maintenance bills
  • Visited a friend who had just given birth
  • Bought plants
  • Bought craft supplies
  • Started Christmas crafting
  • Went to see Chinese physician as I had a stiff neck problem
  • Collected laundry
  • Catch up on ironing
  • Watch Korean drama
  • Went to the bank
  • Went to post office to collect parcel
  • Did some gardening
  • Utilised some shopping vouchers at Giant Hypermarket
  • Went for nice lunch with hubby to celebrate our two year ROM anniversary
  • Went for free make up session
  • Got a haircut
  • Attended a friend's wedding
Among the list, I find that I am most satisfied with my gardening, even though it is considered the most tiring. Here I present to you my little garden corner :)



The two ferns on the right corner was actually one overgrown fern in a pot which clearly needs repotting. I also finally manage to buy a nice round pot for my pegaga (pennywort). Hopefully they will settle in nicely. My spring onions on the left looked a little droopy though. The rest was purchased from various nurseries around Tropicana and Kota Damansara.



I also got two pots of mint - one for me, one for Okasan.



Last but not least, I've started working on my Christmas craft. The funny thing about those felt christmas trees was that I bought the supplies one year before but never got around to it. Hopefully I can complete these before Christmas!

Alas, five days just came and go just like that, back to my busy schedule!

Comments

Caca said…
love your mint plant, grow basil too.