Clarins Prenatal Treatment Review

Ever since I got pregnant, I was not able to go for any back massage, spa or foot reflexology. By the time I reached 6 months, I was aching all over, especially as a result of my stiff shoulders, back pain and constant leg craps. Hubby does give me the occasional back massage but it was more of pain relief rather than enjoyment.
One day I decided to try out Clarin’s treatment for pregnant women at their outlet in 1 Utama shopping mall. I took the Beautiful Mother-To- Be (6 – 9 months) treatment, which focuses on problem areas such as muscle fatigue, water retention and stretch marks.
After filling up some forms, I was introduced to my therapist, who then proceeded on to explain the procedure, products used and duration of the treatment which was 75 minutes. I was then being ushered into a room with an attached shower, where the entire treatment will be done. The therapist briefly explained about the Clarins’ concept of getting in touch with our senses, hence the painted ceiling of clouds (sight), the soft music (sound), the aroma of the massage oils used (smell) and the gentle massage movements from the therapist herself (touch).
The treatment started off with a full body scrub, followed by a shower and then full body massage by applying different type of massage oils and stretch mark control cream. Although the massage can’t be compared to those that I regular frequent in terms of strength applied, it was a very different, gentle and relaxing massage. I love the smell of the oils used, especially their Tonic Treatment Oil. The best part was probably the heated treatment bed which enhanced the relaxing experience. How I wish I could have one at home! The treatment ended with a hot cup of tea or water, depending on one’s preference.
The entire session took around 2 hours and costs RM288. I enjoyed the massage very much, and the therapist was very friendly and professional too. They do have a promotion where you buy 5 package and get one free session. I did not sign up as I am not sure if I will have the chance to go for a next session, or even I have time for the post natal session which is the same price. I ended up purchasing their value set comprising Stretch Mark Control and Tonic Treatment Oil, something which I now indulge in during my evening showers, before preparing for bedtime.
I am glad I took some time off for this indulgence session and it was worth it. Hoping if I will get another chance if time permits me to do so :)

Comments