My Nanowrimo Experience


In October, I took a crazy step and signed up as a NanoWriMo 2005 participant.

NaNoWriMo is the short form for National Novel Writing Month.

www.nanowrimo.org

What it does is to give yourself a challenge to write a 50,000 word novel in one month, which is within November itself.

The purpose of this is actually to test one's commitment and determination to meet a one month deadline. Also it's an inspiration tool that one could actually finish writing a novel in a month.

And so I took up the challenge. After 30 crazy days, I ended up with word count of 26,046 words, which is more than half of 50,000, but still did not meet the required words to win this 'competition'. I found it tough because I had to juggle between work, rest and this in one month itself. This was already quite stressful, and every time I wanted to write my novel, I will feel tired and want to sleep. So by the last week, I cut short my target to 30,000 words. By 29 Nov, it was to 26,000 words, which I met.

It was a crazy task during a crazy month, but hey - It's kinda fun, and although I can't say I was a NaNoWriMo 2005 winner, I can proudly say I was a NaNoWriMo 2005 participant!

Will I join NaNoWriMo 2006 then? As long they send me the reminder, I will do that!

Comments