Tuesday, June 27, 2006

ITALY 1 - AUSTRALIA 0

It's just not worth it.

Towards the end of the game, Australia still manage to hold out a goalless draw against the Azzuri.

Then, that tackle looked more like a tumble to me. The referee thought otherwise and offered a glimmer of hope for the Italians - A penalty kick.

When Francesco Totti's shot went right past into the net, my heart breaks as I can feel the dissapointment for the Aussies. No doubt I can't forgive them for beating Japan, but somehow I still support them...perhaps I still miss Sydney life......

At the end of the day, it was a great match. However, that penalty kick just ruined it all. I still believe the referee was either blind or bias, but what to do, they call the shots......

1 comment:

ChinoDevean said...

VIVA ITALIA!!!
for the uninitiated, Italy's Materazzi sending off was unwarranted, and Aussie could harldy attack when they had a one-man advantage.