ITALY 1 - AUSTRALIA 0

It's just not worth it.

Towards the end of the game, Australia still manage to hold out a goalless draw against the Azzuri.

Then, that tackle looked more like a tumble to me. The referee thought otherwise and offered a glimmer of hope for the Italians - A penalty kick.

When Francesco Totti's shot went right past into the net, my heart breaks as I can feel the dissapointment for the Aussies. No doubt I can't forgive them for beating Japan, but somehow I still support them...perhaps I still miss Sydney life......

At the end of the day, it was a great match. However, that penalty kick just ruined it all. I still believe the referee was either blind or bias, but what to do, they call the shots......

Comments

ChinoDevean said…
VIVA ITALIA!!!
for the uninitiated, Italy's Materazzi sending off was unwarranted, and Aussie could harldy attack when they had a one-man advantage.