Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

** WARNING : MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS **

I am extremely grateful to know someone who was more than happy to lend me her copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, so she could find someone who she can discuss with about the book.

It took me almost a week to finish the book even after sleepless nights. I didn't have the time to read it because of closing time and already tired after reading a few chapters.

The book was intense. The minute Rowling started off her story, Voldermort was already in control and Harry in great danger. Within the first few chapters, these were already so much death, including key characters. Although I wasn't too concerned for those that perished, the tone of the book already set a depressing backdrop. Even Bill and Fleur's wedding wasn't a happy occasion.

The middle part of the book was slightly more of adventure as Harry, Hermoine and Ron were left on their own to search for the remaining Horcruxes and clues to the Deathly Hallows. There were still characters being killed off, thought not as many as the first part of the book. Here, Harry would come to know more about his own past as well as Dumbledore's. The story of the Deathly Hallows is also being revealed. At the same time, danger is lurking everywhere. There were so many times Harry was just this close away from being killed by Voldermort after being captured by either the Death Eaters or Nagini.

Towards the end of the book, a battle erupted in Hogwarts. More deaths, some of which I never expected to happen and I mourn for their deaths. Ultimately, Harry has to come to terms of his destiny with Voldermort, which leads to the Final Battle in Hogwarts. And with that, it signals the end of the story of Harry Potter.

My impression of this book is as if this was a action movie script. There was certainly lots of action one can imagine while reading the book. The last few chapters were perhaps the most exciting - My eyes were just simply glue-ed to the book!

"If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love."

~ Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone)

Throughout this entire series, I have always been captivated by one character. I longed to know what will happen to this character, and in this book Rowling spilled the beans. After the truth has been revealed, I wept. I read the chapter again and again. The story was simply too beautiful. I am very glad the character did not die in vain. This revelation tugged at my heartstrings till now and I will regard THAT chapter one of my favourite in the entire series.

I thought the last chapter was unnecessary (it felt like the last couple of episodes of a Korean drama). However, the book would have been incomplete without it. Rowling has concluded the story of Harry Potter as how she thinks it to be appropriate. I could not agree more.

Farewell Harry Potter. It's nice knowing you.

Comments