The mission that went awry

Today is a holiday in Selangor, in conjunction with the Sultan's birthday. Made some initial plans to go shopping with Oka-san at Midvalley Megamall, but since we heard there was a massive traffic jam to KL, we changed our plans to shop at 1 Utama instead.

I only have one mission in 1 Utama - to find a white bridesmaid dress for my cousin's wedding in March 08.

By the way, I just love the Christmas theme in 1 Utama itself - A Musical Christmas Tale. Something very different from the norm. Just caught the a band performance before leaving the shopping mall, don't they look like mini toy soldiers?


Back to the mission : After spending around 3 hours in the shopping mall, I ended up purchasing two black dinner dresses from Phenomenal (which does not relate to the wedding) and a pair of Aldo shoes.

Here's exactly how I felt after that :




What about my mission?

FAILED :(

On the plus side, I've discovered there are other perks of having so many of those so-called membership cards.

  • OneCard 'cardholders' have the option to park at the Privilege Parking zone at L3, just RM2 for 6 hours. No need to fight with the rest of the crowd during a holiday.
  • Phenomenal 'cardholders' get 20% off normal merchandise. Luckily I brought my friend's card with me that time (Thank you Link!!!)
  • J-Card 'members' are entitled to a free pancake with every RM50 spent at Paddington's House of Pancakes. Yummy!
  • We even got a free 2008 calendar from 1 Utama for every RM100 purchase.

Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

Comments

Lilium said…
Wow!! Now that makes we want to go shopping too..but no mission. Just want feel like spending my $$$...HAHAHA!