My favourite songs of 2007

Last year I blogged about my top movies in 2006. However this year none of the movies really impressed me. Instead, I found a few great songs in 2007 that I thoroughly enjoyed listening over and over again.

Here are my top 5 songs of 2007.

1) James Blunt - 1973
Excellent song, boring video. Who cares?



It has to be great enough to inspire a Polyvore set titled 'Simona', named after the character in James Blunt's song.



2) Marie Digby - Umbrella
As much as I like Rihanna, I can't imagine why she did a song called 'Umbrella', complete with the "ella, ella, eh,eh, under my umbrella, ella, ella, eh, eh..."

Few months later, I caught the acoustic version on air. Assuming it was Rihanna doing another version, I was very surprised when I found out it was sung by Marie Digby, a singer who founded fame on Youtube when she perform her cover version of Rihanna's hit song. I think Rihanna needs to thank her for doing justice for this song.



Again, another Polyvore set inspired by this song :)



3) Mika - Happy Ending
Mika, Mika. I love his entire album. I love all his songs.
It was a hard decision but in the end I chose the last track in his album. It is a stark difference from the other more popular and happy songs, but I love the instrumental arrangement and build-up in this track.

The official video sucks big time, so I'm embedding a fan-made video from Youtube instead. The lyrics aren't that accurate but it beats the official MTV anyway.



4) Gwen Stefani - 4 in the Morning
I always associate Gwen Stefani with funky fashion and catchy songs. This song made me see her in a different light. My guess is that her song is meant for her husband and son. It is really catchy yet meaningful in a certain way.



5) Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
I listen a lot to this song when I was down for a period of time.
The video is nothing to shout about but Milo Ventimiglia is some eye candy worth watching out for!




Here's to more great songs in 2008!

Comments