Rain

It's raining heavily right now.

Watching the raindrops trickle down the window pane, I tend to be in a reflective mood.

After so many hot and dry days, it certainly is a relief when it started raining over the weekend.

I always loved watching the rain, sometimes even the thunderstorms. Falling rain seemed so gentle, and yet lightning strikes or the rolling thunder roars, I am reminded of our fragility as compared to Mother Nature out there.

People always say they love the feeling of sleeping through a rainy morning : I couldn't agree more. I also love snuggling under my blanket during a rainy night. The sound of rain feels so calming, but yet I know not everyone share the same thought as me.

Rain is water. Water represents life. Jesus always talk about 'drinking living water and never thirst again'. Yet, ironically, water brings death as well. Floods, tsunamis, typhoons - all these lead to death and destruction. We rely on plants and crops as a source of food. Too little or too much water also impacts us as to whether the crops can grow or not.

As much as I do not have the chance to play under the rain as my parents forbade it, I imagined it to be very fun doing so. Lucky kids who have the chance to experience this!

Rain reminds me of Madonna's song of the same title. It's one of the few ballad song from Madonna that I like very much.
Rain, feel it on my finger tips
Hear it on my window pane
Your love's coming down like
Rain, wash away my sorrow
Take away my pain
Your love's coming down like rain

Oh, the rain stopped. So did my thoughts. Time to go.

Comments

Anonymous said…
i like the rain when you're inside and warm... it sucks when you are standing in it. ^^