Catwalk

Was at 1 Utama yesterday and saw this fashion show ongoing at the new wing. The models were sashaying to some techno music and I found those wearing skirts were doing this strange catwalk.

Not sure if the video I posted here is clear or not, but it seemed to me that their bottom half is arched forward while they walk, while their shoulders and neck were pushed back. It gives me the impression that there were slanting backward while doing the catwalk.



I found this website teaching how to walk like a catwalk model. There was this point here which sort of answered my question :

Practice your posture, throw your shoulders back, and push your pelvis slightly forward. It might create the illusion that you're leaning back a little, rather than hunching forward.


Interesting.

I guess it also provide some body balance for the model due to the high heels they had to wear.

Reading the article further, it's really not easy having to do a catwalk in those ridiculously high heels. If one falls down, she is not only embarrassed, she may have sprained her ankle as well, as demonstrated in the below video I found on Youtube. Poor girl!



Comments