Here we go again...

It's July 1 2008.

The start of another quarter closing.

I have to admit I'm getting kinda weary of the monthly and quarterly closing cycle. That's probably why a lot of people don't wanna be accountants. You get bound to some sort of routine that your life seems to revolve around it.

I already have my monthly work routine. By certain date certain reports must be submitted. There has to be at least 2 - 3 meetings a month. By the last day of the month I need to ensure all reconciliations are being signed off. Anything new?

Wanna take leave? Is it during the close? Is it necessary? Do you have backup? Working weekends again? Even when I had to plan for my wedding I need to prepare some answers for my boss, to assure her that I will be back for the year-end close. Ironically I fell sick....again, hence won't be going to office today.

Even if I look for another Accounting job, it will still be the same. There's always the closing, the same old routine. Audit firms? They have their peak and non-peak period, but again it ties in with the financial close.

Any idea how can I break out from the cycle?



Comments