No Turning Back



It's exactly one week since we both got registered as husband and wife.

I still recall back the moment I was petrified as we took our oath in the room, in front of family members and SV.

A lifelong commitment that is legally binding.

After so many years being together, part of me is overjoyed. However, there's also part of me still pondering the new journey laid ahead of us.

We are not staying together until the tea ceremony and banquet is over, hence I'm not too sure will we adapt to each others habits or will we just tear the whole house down with fights and arguments.

When one of my classmates Hsien Ling got married a few years back, I received this bookmark as part of the couple's gift to the guest. I still keep it with me as the quote is inspiring. It goes something like this :

Am I wiling to give up what I have in order to be what I ah not yet?
Am I able to follow the spirit of love into the desert?

It is a frightening and sacred moment.

There is no return. One's life is changed forever.


- Mary Caroline Richards -



How true.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Countdown started already. :)
I am almost faint now due to EITF. Line number is 611 by now. haha. More to go.. huuuh...Good night.