Mooncake Festival...Or So it Seems...

Well, Mooncake festival has come and gone. This year I didn't really get to celebrate due to working in office till 10pm...sigh...

Anyway, I realised things has changed a lot since the days we buy mooncakes with the traditional flavours such as lotus paste and red bean, packed in conventional boxes.

Nowadays, mooncakes come in all sorts of flavours and packaging. Funky flavours such as sesame, chocolate, tropical fruits, to the exotic such as pu'er green tea and durian!

Below are two lovely mooncakes that was given to me. The flavours were chocolate mint and macha red bean. I haven't tasted the mooncakes but check out the packaging!




Who in the right mind would throw the boxes away? I plan to use it to keep my jewelry. Sweet!

Now we know why we pay so much for mooncakes, it is because of the packaging!

Let's wait for more new designs next year...


Comments

amelyn said…
Very nice, Yee Lin... :)

Happy Mooncake Festival.
min dfin said…
We are buy packaging rather than the real mooncake nowadays