One-Pot Dish - Fried Spaghetti with Siew Yuk

I admit I'm pretty lousy at one-pot cooking. With so many unsuccessful attempts at frying rice or noodles, I pretty much leave this to hubby, whose specialty is in this area.

It was by chance I went to the TTDI market this morning only to find the pork stalls were closed for Deepavali holidays, all except one tiny stall selling roast pork belly (siew yuk). An idea came to mind so I purchased one strip of siew yuk as an ingredient for our lunch menu - fried spaghetti. This is one of hubby's signature dish, and he uses different ingredients each round. Today I will try to cook it similar to his way, but I add in siew yuk as my 'special' ingredient :)

The recipe is pretty simple :

1) Boil spaghetti till al dente. Drain and put aside.

2) Stir-fry garlic, followed by other ingredients at medium heat. I used siew bak choy, fish cakes, carrot, dried mushrooms. Add in siew yuk and continue frying.

3) Lastly, add in the spaghetti and mix it with the other ingredients.

4) Add salt, light soya sauce and black pepper to taste. Serve hot.



The result turned out pretty decent, and at least I know I won't go wrong with pasta, unlike rice or noodles. Planning to try the same dish out with prawns in the future :)

Comments

Lilium said…
I like to do one pot dish..haha! I usually cook it on Thurs when hubby is back from Scotland.

U can try Kungpo spagetthi next time too. It's great and easy.

Can do fried rice, black pepper udon, fried mee hoon..amongs my fav =)