IBM Smarter Planet Charity Run 2010

I took part in the IBM Smarter Planet Charity Run 2010 yesterday, the run is in conjunction with IBM's Smarter Planet campaign, and proceeds will go to Damai Disabled Persons Association of Selangor and Federal Territory.

The route covers mostly Bandar Utama housing area. Having last ran 5 KM during my high school 'merentas desa' days, plus the fact I hardly trained for this, I wonder if my legs could take it or not. Worse case scenario, I'll probably walk.



I arrived close to 7:30am, so registration took a while as there were many people who turned up last minute as well. After the opening speech by IBM's General Manager and a brief warm-up session, we took off from the starting point in front of 1 Utama.

My so-called running partner was Princess C, she never ran 5KM before! So at least we had some similarities :) The first part was a bit like Amazing Race as we had to climb up and down the concrete barriers along the LDP. Later as we headed towards Bandar Utama, it was better as there was less traffic. That was also the time most people decided to walk instead or run. Weather was lovely, being cloudy most of the time. We are here for fun, why run?



I eventually finished within an hour's time. Not bad I'd say. We were given a certificate for our achievements but need to put our own names though. After prize giving ceremony, I headed for celebratory dim sum, yummy!

Well, 5K isn't too bad, maybe with more practice I can improve on my timing in future :)

Comments