Maternity Wear Shopping

When it comes to maternity wear, gone are the days of shapeless dresses and limited designs. Nowadays, there are much more variety to choose from, depending on one’s preference and budget.

After much shopping around, I basically patronized three shops for my maternity wear supplies. Here is my feedback on each of these shops.

Camomile Spring, Bangsar Village II
I found out about this shop through the internet and Facebook. They sell both maternity and nursing wear for casual, work and formal occasions. They also stock a limited range of maternity swimwear and intimates, strollers, and limited baby products.

My favorite purchase has to be the pair of straight cut jeans that I now wear each time I go out. I also highly recommend their Green range, which is made of soft and environmentally sustainable bamboo fibre. Though slightly more pricey, I believe that I'm paying for its quality.


V-Mum Maternity
A colleague recommended me this shop which has a wide range of maternity dresses and tops. The materials used are mainly cotton and linen, and usually decorated with embroidery designs, lace or ribbon finishing. This would definitely be the place for mums to be who likes to dress up as compared to pants-loving ladies like me :)

I bought two work trousers with adjustable elastic band which is much better than the typical cloth wrap band, though the material and cutting isn't quite my first preference. They also sell hotpants though I can't imagine which pregnant mama wants to strut around in her big belly and hotpants! I also got myself two tops, a cardigan and a dress. The prices are usually above RM100 per piece but seems they have discounts if you buy 2 pieces and above.

They have a few outlets around Klang Valley but the outlet I frequented is located at 1 Utama.

9Months
Again, this is through recommendation from a few colleagues. I went to the one located at The Curve. They have a pretty decent range of basic tops and bottoms, though quite a limited range of dresses as compared to V Mum. They also have a limited range of nursing wear. I loved their working pants, it's so much better than V Mum, but unfortunately I have already gotten what I need so I didn't buy any more pants from the shop. I did get a short dress from the nursing range, which can also double up as maternity wear. I think this place would be suitable for mums-to-be looking for basic separates without breaking their budget.

************************************************

As for shoes, the decision was quite simple - I bought two pairs of shoes from Clarks, one for work, the other for work and casual. No regrets there as Clarks shoes are very comfortable and have enough support for my ever increasing weight :)


Comments

Lilium said…
I wear a lot of leggings. Best thing is I can still wear it post pregnancy =)
n i l e e y said…
Lili, I got myself a pair of 3/4 leggings too, it's one of my staples during the weekend :)