French Beans with Mushroom and Pork


Usually before I cook a meal, I would spend a lot of time trying to think of what to cook, looking up recipes online, and purchasing the ingredients on the day itself. This can be kind of stressful especially when I want to try something different yet want it to be at least edible.

Hence why this dish is so special to me is because

1) it is my first ever dish that I don’t need to refer to any recipe
2) It is just based on what I have in the fridge, just use it and cook!

Unfortunately I don’t have the exact measurements as it was so ad-hoc. I just list down the main ingredients for reference.

Ingredients
French beans
Lean pork meat
8 dried chinese mushrooms, pre-soaked
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 teaspoon cornstarch
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon cooking oil

1) Clean and dice french beans.
2) Cut pork into thin slices.
3) Cut pre-soaked mushrooms into thin slices. Keep the water which will be used later.
4) Heat up wok, add 1 tablespoon cooking oil.
5) Put in minced garlic and fry till fragrant.
6) Add sliced pork, fry for around 1 minute.
7) Add diced french beans and some water that was used to soak the dried mushrooms. Fry for 1 minute.This will help to soften the beans.
8) Add in mushrooms and continue frying.
9) Add oyster sauce and cornstarch to the remaining bowl of water, add to wok and cook till the sauce thickens.
10) Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

 
I'm extremely proud of this dish, I even asked Oka-san to try it, which she said it's nice and worth cooking next time. Due to lack of time to prepare and cook because of my baby, I think this dish is close enough to be a one-pot dish - it has vegetables and meat, just need to eat with rice!

Comments