Big Bad Wolf Sale 2012

I heard so much about the Big Bad Wolf sale this year, I really had to go and check it out. After nagging and dropping hints to my husband for days, finally he agreed to follow me there. So sweet of him!
 
The Big Bad Wolf sale is like a huge warehouse sale for books. This year it was held in The Mines International Exhibition and Convention Centre (MIECC). We went during a state holiday (Sultan of Selangor's birthday), so the crowd was not as packed as it would be during the weekend.


I had my marketing trolley ready, so the minute I reached there, I started hunting for books. Hubby decided to take care of DC, as he said he is not a book person. Hence I started off my book hunt starting from the Children's Books corner and stopping just before the Fiction section. I took around 3 hours looking for books.
 
I saw these Enid Blyton books sets on sale. So tempted to buy the Faraway Tree & Wishing Chair set! I remember it was one of my favourite books when I was a kid. Who could forget Moonface?


While mummy was busy shopping for books, daddy and little DC were having fun at the playground. Correction - It should only be DC having fun. Daddy was busy following her around :)




So here's my loot from the BBW sale - 8 books for me, 21 books for DC.

Total damage? RM215.

I remember 2 years ago I wanted to buy the Juice & Smoothies book from MPH, but it cost around RM80. So I said forget it, let me search for online recipes. Now I bought it for only RM18. What a steal! I decided to get two Idiot books (RM8 each) in preparation for my upcoming business venture. DC is only one, but no harm getting the Big Issues book to prepare myself for the future! The Critical Thinking book was a random find-and-grab-from-a-box book, only RM5!


I am a little dissappointed that I could not get most of the good children books as compared to those who went on the first day. But I am consoling myself as I manage to get the Toy Story 3 board book! It was in one of the boxes that was randomly placed in the hall so I decided to grab it before someone else does. DC recently can identify Woody, so I thought it would be nice if she can get to know the rest of the gang :)


These are my two favourite children board books which I got from the BBW sale. The Bear in the Cave was the only copy I saw in the fair. As for Huggle Buggle Bear, I took both the board book and the paperback version. In the end I chose the board book. It was the only one I saw as well. There were around 5 of the paperback version left.


As expected, DC loved the Toy Story book. She also like the two Dora books we got for her, mainly I think she can identify the star shape in one of the books.

This is my first BBW trip, but I am already planning to go for the one in 2013! Hopefully I can get my hands on the preview pass so I could get better books next round!
 

Comments

Lilium said…
We love books in the UK for kids..they are cheap! We usually buy from Thebookpeople which has good bargain.