Asia's Got Talent Winner - El Gamma Penumbra

I have not been following any talent shows since Kris Allen (who?) won against Adam Lambert during Season 8 of American Idol. The Voice somehow did not interest me despite its popularity. I do watch Britain's Got Talent occasionally on Youtube but I don't really track who are the winners.

Until recently.

Asia's Got Talent piqued my interest as firstly it is a talent show to showcase what Asia's got to offer, something I can relate to since I live in Malaysia. I love the 4 judges in the show as well - Mel C, Vanness, Anggun and David Foster. There are really so many interesting performances being showcased during the auditions, but what caught my attention was the performance by El Gamma Penumbra, a shadow play group from the Philippines.

This was their performance which earned the Golden Buzzer from Anggun. The Golden Buzzer enables them to proceed straight to the semi-finals.



This is their performance during the semi-finals. They received the Golden Buzzer again from the judges, which means they qualify straight to the finals.



Their perfomance during the finals carried a powerful message on saving Mother Nature, so much so it moved Anggun to tears.


As you can see, their performance is clearly different from the rest of the contestants, with exception of the Mongolian group Khusugtun. Initially my worry was if they lose out to their other three Filipino counterparts (all whom are equally talented) but I am so glad they won in the end.

Each time when we watch Asia's Got Talent on TV, my husband always say "Would I pay to watch so-and-so in Marina Bay Sands?" Well, for El Gamma Penumbra, I certainly will!

Congratulations to El Gamma Penumbra and really look forward to your performance in Singapore!

Comments