Languishing

 Hello 2021.

Apologies that I am 6 months I behind though.

The entire 2020 came and went, leaving behind nothing but a bad aftertaste of what is known as the Covid-19 pandemic.

I can't remember what I had accomplished in 2020, except that I finally sewed some skirts that I promised my girls I would make for them, though the skirts were sewn 2 years late. I also managed to finish reading some books which were collecting dust in my bookshelf, hence the term Tsundoku no longer applies to me. Hah! Did some baking but nothing much to shout about, the huge failure of one of my bread still refused to be erased from my memory. As for gardening, we ordered some large vegetable pots to grow some leafy vegetables and brazilian spinach. A small success for that effort. Yay! 



So here we are in mid-2021 and I really am not in the mood to do anything at all. The unread books are piling up once again. My sewing projects are being put aside. In my garden, the new pots and soil are arranged neatly under the pergola, waiting for me to begin my task. Even my own blog has been neglected (though that had been the case for quite some time)

I wondered if I was feeing burnt out. 

Burnt out? From what? 

From the fact that I was home most of the time, making sure all my children are paying attention to their lessons conducted online? 

From the fact that we are mostly stuck and home and could not even go to shopping malls, or even meet up with friends?

From seeing the Covid-19 numbers going up and down like an out-of-control yo-yo?

From the fact that my husband is stuck in Singapore and I really miss him being around the house?

It doesn't sound like burnt-out, but I definitely don't feel motivated to do anything at all.

My lightbulb moment came when a friend share this post on Facebook :

Languishing
Source : NY Times Twitter

So the most appropriate term to describe me now is this : LANGUISHING

Finally I am able to read and connect to an article that describes my very feeling now. 

So shall I move on with my life now that I finally know what I am feeling?

Hopefully.

Hopefully.

Hopefully.

Comments