Alice in Snoozeland

After my Polyvore posting on Alice in Wonderland, I went to watch the movie with hubby over the weekend.

Oh, what a disappointment!



I wasn't expecting a reproduction of the storybook, but not to this extend. It was basically a fantasy movie with more narration than action, and at some point I actually dozed off (with my 3D glasses on).

I like it when I see almost all of the beloved characters that I remember being featured in the movie - Twiddledee and Twiddledum, the White Rabbit, Absolem the caterpillar, the talking flowers, and of course the March Hare and Mad Hatter. I'm not so fascinated with Johnny Depp's intepreation of Mad Hatter, but the March Hare was so silly as always :)



The star of the movie has to be the Red Queen. With her enlarged head and extreme behavior, Helena Bonham Carter certainly played her role extremely well, to the extend that she made Alice looks so boring.



A few of my favourite scenes of her are where she called for a pig to soothe her aching feet, and when she called out the 'Fat Boys' - in reference to the Twins - for a performance. Very witty!

However, even the Red Queen could not save this movie, what a waste of my money to pay extra for 3D!

I think I'm better off buying the Disney cartoon and watch it once again. Maybe that will take away the painful memories of watching this movie.

Comments