Ang Pow Packet Collection 2020

When I scrolled back to look for my last Angpow collection post, it was back in 2016! Clearly shows that despite haven taken photos I didn't have the time to upload photos of my favourite Angpows from previous years 

This year I could do it simply because I had a very limited collection this year, due to lack of nice designs (at least to me), and no good Angpow sets to qualify for trade or exchange with others. 

Here's sharing some of my favourite designs for 2020 :

1. Conlay 8 by KSK Land

I won this in an Instagram contest, and many thanks to Okasan for collecting it on my behalf! I like the design as it featured all 12 zodiacs against backdrop of peonies. The colour teal being used as background colour for one of the designs also made it very unique. 


2. Hoffmann Group

If not mistaken, I got this from my relative who is working in Singapore. Although same design, it had four different colour schemes, of which can be matched for different colour combination. 


3. LEGO / Midvalley

This was on my must-have list as I collect LEGO Angpow packets, so I was very glad I got two sets - one through exchange, the other from a friend purchased some LEGO CNY sets in China and received this free. Both had the same design so I guess this must be a LEGO approved design globally. 


4. LEGO - Gift of Play

This set was also obtained through exchange, making it my 6th year in a row I have this LEGO Angpow series.


5. LEGO China

This was a bonus from the same friend who purchased the LEGO CNY sets from China. Thank you!


6. Apostrophe Marketing

I started collecting Apostrophe's Angpow packet by accident after a friend gave me an extra Year of the Monkey set that she had. Most of the time I had to do an exchange, but this year I was very lucky a friend from KL was willing to queue up to collect on my behalf. As usual, their design never disappoint.


7. Maybank Premier Wealth (Malaysia)

Usually bank designs at so-so at best, but this year I really like Maybank Premier Weath Angpow packets. The design of the bird and koi fish, plus its finishing makes it all feel very prestigious. 



8. Standard Chartered Malaysia

Congratulations to SCB for celebrating their 145 years in Malaysia! Their Angpow design of lanterns may not seem special to many, but I find it very unique from the rest. It is not common to have lanterns as an Angpow design, I wonder why.......


9. DBS / POSB (Singapore)

For the first time since forever (sings Anna from Frozen), DBS and POSB decided to combine to have one very colourful set of Angpow packets featuring all their famous mascots. Thumbs up to the unique design, and two thumbs up for the effort made by the bank to reuse/recycle the Angpow packets (they provide recycle bins for used Angpow packets, and also provide instructions how to make a lantern out from the Angpow packets). I kept all the extra used packets from this series so I could use it for the lantern making project with my children. 


10. Fictionist Studio

Ototosan purchased this set for me. He knew I love quirky designs and this set certainly is the epitome of quirky out-of-the-box Angpow designs for this year. 

It comes in a set of 2 designs, one featuring 大砲鼠and 大翻鼠. The psychedelic colours and inter-changeable eyes (refer to insert) made it really one of a kind.



11. Lit Books

I discovered the beautifully designed Angpow packets from Lit Books through Ototo-san last year. This year I tried my luck to get hold of one packet and was very thankful the owners gave me one piece - one precious piece! - to add to my collection. As it is the year of the Rat,  the book cover from The Tale of Despereaux was appropriately featured on their Angpow packet. 



12. Vort3x Creative

I entered their Facebook giveaway and was very fortunate to be able to win this beautifully designed Angpow packet by Vort3x Creative. I love their wordplay, the hidden mice in the Angpow and the bold use of the colour blue and red in their designs. Definitely my top three for this year. 





Comments